Role of Coaching in CGPSC Preparation
Coaching plays a vital role in the preparation for State Public Service Exams. It helps you in the preparation and increases the chances of success by reducing the workload of the candidate and giving what is exactly needed. Coaching also gives an overview of the examination pattern and changing dynamics. However, it completely depends on the applicant whether to choose it or not. It should be noted that coaching cannot guarantee your success but provides you an environment for learning and applying that in all three stages of the exam. An amalgamation of these two polishes the student to crack the exam even in the first attempt.
Reasons to join Online Coaching for CGPSC
- Your Time and Place : Offline CGPSC coaching has a fixed timetable but online coaching is very flexible. Moreover, the candidate saves time from traveling between home and coaching.
- Reschedule : The biggest advantage of online coaching is that no lecture will be missed. So, you can watch it anytime anywhere on your laptop or phone. In other words, online coaching is the best way to prepare especially if you are working, going to college, or are a housewife. Also, you can watch the videos whenever you are free.
- Inexpensive Fees : Generally, the cost of coaching for CGPSC exam preparation is approximately between Rs.50,000/- to Rs.75,000/-. But online coaching is much affordable.
Why one should join Chahal Academy for CGPSC?
Chahal Academy is a one-stop solution to all your queries in the field of Civil services. We have an expert faculty team supported by a well-trained experienced content team. Also, we provide high-quality study material and candidates do not face any difficulty in collecting them. Moreover, Candidates can trust Chahal Academy for the CGPSC preparation as this academy provides facilities for the overall development of candidates through a learning environment.
Chahal Academy is providing a Specialized and Best CGPSC Online Course which includes –
- 400+ hours of CGPSC Complete Foundation Course lecture series. Also, this course includes detailed Topic-wise Coverage of the CGPSC Syllabus.
- This course is taught by the most reliable, and senior faculty and subject matter experts supported by a dynamic and up-to-date content team.
- You also get personal attention from the mentors in case of difficulty.
- 24 x 7 availability of best quality CGPSC video lectures- watch from the comfort of any of your devices. It includes specialized & Digitized Classes focused on building concept-based teaching to strengthen the base of Students. Technological support and Feedback are provided by Subject Matter Experts.
- You can also choose to learn according to your time and place.
- Further, this course is available at Super Affordable fee structure.
- Regular tests are conducted to improve accuracy and time management.
- Complete study material is available in soft copy which covers static as well as updated daily & monthly Current Affairs.
Stages of Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission Examination:
The CGPSC exam is divided into 3 stages - Prelims, Mains and Interview.
The prelims exam consists of two papers Part-1 is General Studies and Part-2 is Aptitude Test. Moreover, both are of 200 marks. Also, the time duration for the two sections is 2 hours.
Prelims Syllabus :
Paper 1 (General Studies)
- History of India and India's National Movement.
- Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
- Constitution of India & Polity.
- Indian Economy.
- General Science & Technology.
- Indian Philosophy, Art, Literature & Culture.
- Current Affairs & Sports.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF CHHATTISGARH
- History & Contribution of Chhattisgarh in the Freedom Movement.
- Geography, Climate, Physical status, Census, Archaeological and Tourist Centres of Chhattisgarh.
- Literature, Music, Dance, Art and Culture, Idioms and Proverbs, Puzzle/Riddle, Singing of Chhattisgarh.
- Tribes, Special Traditions, Teej and Festivals of Chhattisgarh.
- Economy, Forest, and Agriculture of Chhattisgarh. Administrative Structure, Local Government, and Panchayati raj of Chhattisgarh.
- Industry in Chhattisgarh, Energy, Water and Mineral Resource of Chhattisgarh.
- Current Affairs of Chhattisgarh.
Paper 2 (Aptitude Test)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. -Class X level).
- Knowledge of Hindi Language (Class X level).
- Knowledge of Chhattisgarhi Language.
Candidates who crack Prelims will be eligible to sit for the second stages the of exam i.e. the Mains exam. CGPSC Mains comprises seven papers and each carries 200 marks. Also, the duration of each paper is 3 hours.
|Paper I - Language
|Paper II - Essay
|Paper III - GS I
|Paper IV - GS II
|Paper V - GS III
|Paper VI - GS III
|Paper VII - GS IV
|Paper VIII - GS V
Candidates have to answer this paper either in Hindi or English, whichever medium he/she chooses.
Paper-II - Essay
There are two sections in this paper
- International and National level Issues.
- Chhattisgarh State Issues.
GS I - History, Constitution and Public Administration
- History of India.
- Indian National Movement.
- History of Chhattisgarh and Contribution of Chhattisgarh National Movement.
- Constitution of India.
- Public Administration.
GS II - Science, Technology & Environment
- Applied and Behavioural Science
GS III - Economics & Geography
- Indian Economics
- Planning in India
- Geography of Chhattisgarh
- Economics of Chhattisgarh
- Agriculture, Forest, Industry, and Natural Resources of Chhattisgarh
GS IV - Philosophy & Sociology
- Indian Philosophy and Yoga
- Tribes of Chhattisgarh/li>
- Arts of Chhattisgarh
- Culture of Chhattisgarh.
GS III - Welfare & Development
- Welfare, Development Programme & Laws
- International & National Sports, Events & organisation
- Educational Institutes & their Role of Human Development
The last and final stage is the Interview. It is of 150 marks. Moreover, this round is much more than bookish knowledge. The board members observe the mental caliber of the candidate. During the interview, the candidate must be well aware of all the current affairs. Also, he/she must thoroughly go through the application to ace the final stage.
Candidates have to fulfill certain criteria to be able to sit for the CGPSC exam. Below are the important ones -
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
The minimum age limit is 18 years and the maximum is 42 years.
- Firstly, the candidate must be at least 21 years old. Secondly, the maximum age limit is 30 years.
- Also, for the permanent residents of Chhattisgarh, the maximum age limit is 35 years.
The categories like SC/ST/OBC get a 5-year relaxation.
- Candidates must have a degree from any recognized university. This should be equivalent to the degree of Bachelor of Science, Arts, Commerce, or any technical subject.
- •Aspiring candidates in the last year of their graduation can also sit in this examination.
- Moreover, candidates with professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by the State Government as equivalent to a professional and technical degree will also be eligible.
How to Prepare for Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission?
- Syllabus: You have to focus on the basics of the CGPSC exam. So, read the syllabus thoroughly.
- Previous Year Question papers: After a thorough understanding of the syllabus, go through the previous year's questions. The syllabus and question papers will help you to decide what to study and what to omit.
- Newspaper - Read the newspaper daily. Follow what the Centre, as well as the state, is doing for the people. You also have to pay attention to facts and famous personalities from Chattisgarh.
- NCERTs - These are government-authorized books and form the basis of your exam preparation. You have to read these books properly to understand advanced-level books. A speed reading will also do if you have read these books before. Do not skip these under any circumstances.
- Read fewer books - Prepare a proper booklist for your preparation. Do not read every book that is available for a particular subject. Pick the best ones and revise those books again and again. Although you can supplement those reading. Follow the principle - Read minimum and Revise Maximum!
- Notes - Keep your notes very short and precise. As you finish one chapter or topic, prepare notes. It will take you a long way till the final day of your exams.
- Revision is the key - The inevitable step is revision. Revise as much as you can. And practice answer writing from the first day itself. You will be way ahead in the competition.
- Mock tests - Appear for multiple mock tests to polish your knowledge. Regular mock tests will train your brain to get prepared for the final day. The Prelims stage is the first most important stage because it will help you move into the Mains stage. So, keep practicing by appearing for mock tests. Further, mock tests will train your brain to acquire the technique of answering by elimination method as well
- Newspaper - Again, read the newspaper daily. Read about government policies, and also international affairs. You have to pay attention to facts about your state as well.
- NCERTs - Read these books to form a strong background of the subjects.
- Government Websites - Supplement your studies with material from government websites like Policy Research Studies, Yojana, UPSC, etc. The materials on these websites are authentic.
- Keep your shorter booklist - Prepare a proper booklist for your preparation. Do not read every book that is available for a particular subject. Pick the best ones and revise those books again and again. Although you can supplement those reading.
- Notes - Prepare comprehensive notes. It means that you must prepare Prelims and Mains notes together. Further, this will help you to prepare for both the stages from an early stage.
- Mock tests - Practice lots of answer writing so you will be able to develop speed and answer writing skills.
- Revision is the key - The inevitable step is revision. Revise as much as you can. You will be way ahead in the competition.
For the last stage, you must sit for mock Interviews. Such interviews will help you polish your persona. This will help you to experience Q and A round with a panel that will prepare your body and mind for the final day. So, enhance your personality through Mock Interviews. Further, keep yourself updated with all the current issues. Also, be thorough with your application form because the Board may take an interest in your earlier education/job.
Booklist for CGPSC preparation:-
- History: Spectrum for Modern India and NCERT books for Ancient and Medieval India.
- Geography: NCERT books of class XI and XII along with the G.C Leong book. While studying Geography, you should always have Orient Blakswan Atlas to mark the place, mountains, and rivers on the Atlas.
- Indian Economy: Read Chahal Academy Economy booklet. Further, a large number of economy questions come from Current affairs also.
- General Science: NCERT books from 6th to 12th books, you can also read Tata McGraw Hill book.
- Environment: Chahal Academy Environment booklet or IGNOU material is more than enough.
- Polity: Go for M. Laxmikant. There is no substitute for this book.
- Chhattisgarh Special: You can pick any book for Chhattisgarh special preparation book. For example, Upkar publication book for Chhattisgarh special, yearbook of PD, Ghatna Chakra yearly compilation for state special.
- CGPSC state service prelims by Dr. Chandresh Agarwal.
Editor's Note on CGPSC
At last, you must have faith in yourself and prepare for this battle by working hard and smartly by making a good strategy. This examination is not about how hard you have worked, rather it is about how smart you work. We wish you Good luck!! You can visit the official website of CGPSC for further details.
FAQ's regarding CGPSC
Q. How to Prepare for Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission?
Ans. For Prelims:
NCERTs - These are government-authorized books and form the basis of your exam preparation. You have to read these books properly to understand advanced-level books. A speed reading will also do if you have read these books before. Do not skip these under any circumstances.
Newspaper - Read the newspaper daily. Follow what the Centre, as well as the state, is doing for the people. You also have to pay attention to facts and famous personalities from Chattisgarh.
Previous Year Question papers: After a thorough understanding of the syllabus, go through the previous year's questions. The syllabus and question papers will help you to decide what to study and what to omit.
Newspaper - Again, read the newspaper daily. Read about government policies, and also international affairs. You have to pay attention to facts about your state as well.
2. Are NCERT books enough to clear the CGPSC exam?
NCERTs - Read these books to form a strong background of the subjects.
Government Websites - Supplement your studies with material from government websites like Policy Research Studies, Yojana, UPSC, etc. The materials on these websites are authentic.
NCERT books definitely help to cover all the important aspects of the syllabus. But sometimes, certain concepts require an advanced level of reading. So, according to the subject, one must decide whether to stick to only NCERTs or not. For example, NCERTs are enough for subjects like Geography but you have to read advanced books for Polity for better understanding.
3. What is the use of old CGPSC Question paper?
Previous Year Question papers give an insight into the mindset of the examiner. Going through a lot of these papers will help candidates. So, do a lot of practice with old CGPSC question papers. It will brush up your skills and will also help to prepare you for the exam.